Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Ombre Fire Nails!


I was lookoing for inspiration on the internet and saw a picture of ombre nails. I had to try it out myself. I used Sally Hansen's Hard as Nails in Cool It! Frost as the main base color. It's very sheer so I had to use 3 generous coats of it. The I used the sponge method to add the orange gradation to my tips. The orange is OPI's A Roll in the Hague and it's very opaque and one of my favorite colors. Overall it turned out ok. I realized when i started doing the sponging though, it was lifting up the yellow base I previously painted. i think that is because I didn't let it dry enough. I won't go into detail of how i did it though- I may do that a little later when I retry this (and I definately will do it again!).  But, let me know if you would like a tutorial sooner!

No comments:

Post a Comment